Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"...if you pour youself out for the hungry..."

Isaiah 58:10-11
     "...if you poor youself out for the hungry and satisy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. And the Lord will guide you continually and satisy your desire in scorched places and makr your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."

What an incredible promise we have from the Lord! If we pour ouselves out for those who are afflicted and oppressed, at-risk, hurting, desperate and tired- HE will bless you!

Last night I attended my first group meeting with the girls from Manenberg. I had the blessing of seeing the fruit of those who have gone before me and poured out everything that have into these girls. I was able to see the light rising amongst the darkness of this township. 2 of the girls who have been active in this group for a while have recently given their hearts to the Lord and have remained clean from crystal meth and heroin for several months now. I saw joy on their faces like I have never seen before as we talked about their past week and what had been going on! It was a beautiful thing!  My prayer and I ask yo to join me is that these two girls would be lights in the midst of the darkness there. Pray with me that the Lord would be so evident and the transformation in these girls lives would spread like wild fire! Pray that the friends of these two girls would understand the change and desire to experience it as well! I will be working closely with one of these girls and another one who is addicted to crystal meth. Pray for wisdom, love, compassion, and boldness!

I also ask that you would pray for our one-on-one times with these girls! I will be meeting with both of these girls individually once a week! Pray that the Lord would give me clarity about what to teach them and what they need! Alot of the stuff I will be working with them about will be related to life skills, the way they see themselves, the way others see them, and how God sees us and desires for us to see ourselves! Pray for easy communication and that they would be willing to be honest! 

We had a very good introduction these girls but I am sure when it comes down to the personal deep things, it will be much more difficult for them to share, so pray that a quick trust will be established and that it will be a time where they feel safe to share anything they need to share and that I will be reminded what God says to us in John about giving us the words to say in that hour! Pray that I will know when to speak and when to just listen!

Thank you all again for your encouraging words and prayers!! Let's continue to ask the Lord to move amongst us! Ask God to speak to your heart today! May you be blessed by being obedient and serving the Lord in the way He desires for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment